Senior Software Engineer (infrastructure and developer tooling focus)
We're looking for someone who has experience:
- Programmatically building, managing, and maintaining AWS-based infrastructures
- With serverless architectures
- Doing “DevOps” things
We are entering a phase in our development where we need someone who is hyper-focused on infrastructure matters as we build out more features and services for our platform.
For infrastructure that runs application logic we use Serverless Framework. For other bits, we use Terraform.
Some days you’d be working directly with the founders to architect the back end for new features. Other days you’d be working directly with our application developers to help improve the performance of our stacks. And sometimes you’d be hitting our Zapier account to help our business operate more efficiently.
ZibaSec's Core Software Beliefs
- Testing is important: Untested code does not get shipped...but hitting 100% unit test coverage can be detrimental to productivity for no or very little gain; it's about the right balance. We're more fond of integration and end-to-end testing.
- Git activity != actual productivity: Developers need time to debug locally, research, and learn.
- Continuous Deployment: When code is ready, passes tests, it should make it into production within minutes.
- Readability > clever code: Slick code isn't so slick if it's hard to grok.
- Continuous Improvement: Everything can be improved and nobody knows any code, stack, framework perfectly; there is always room to learn and improve. In fact, we'll provide you with a budget that you can spend on learning (conferences, courses, etc).
- Dogma is bad: Some method, technique, etc., may have been the right answer 100 times, but on the 101st time it's possible that another way could be the best path.
- Open Source is crucial: As a company, we're very involved with open source, we are active consumers and contributors to multiple projects. We feel so strongly about this that if we find that a particular internal library could be beneficial to the outside world, then we take the time to package it up and open source it as a standalone library (we did exactly this for a Django SAML2 authentication back end).
- US Citizen (at this time we cannot hire US residents, US territory residents, or non-US persons)
- Experience in creating, deploying, and maintaining production serverless (or distributed) infrastructures, ideally in an AWS environment
- Strong communication skills
- Strong working knowledge of git and GitHub
- A desire to learn about infosec concepts like social engineering
We are looking for senior-level proficiency in at least one of (bonus for polyglots!):
- Working with the AWS SDK
- Writing CLIs
- CI/CD architectures including developing CI-server workflows
- Terraform (or something similar like Ansible, etc)
We’d be especially interested in you if you have:
- Contributed to any infrastructure or security automation project in the open source world
- Built systems around observability and tracing
- Knowledge on Chaos engineering concepts and theory
- Fought and won battles against AWS Lambda + AWS API Gateway
- Worked under the constraints of FedRAMP
Shoot us a note at HireMe@zibasec.io.
- Tell us about someone (not famous) you respect in the tech-industry, and why
- Include your resume (or equivalent, like LinkedIn, personal website, etc)
- Tell us the best way to to contact you (if not email)